Letters to the Editor can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is my letter to The Globe and Mail, in response to Gary Mason’s frankly insulting column about Saskatchewan.
The editors demanded full sourcing, which we provided. They still refused to publish it.
Re Premier Moe Wants Saskatchewan to have Nationhood Status…(Nov. 10):
It’s disappointing to read Gary Mason’s evident contempt for Saskatchewan and its energy sector, complete with condescending clichés about bunny hugs and the Roughriders, following the PM’s arbitrary, still un-elucidated cap on oil emissions.
Mason challenges Saskatchewan’s environmental record as “fantasy.” But it’s a matter of public record that if other countries emulated our (pre-Trudeau) regulatory standards, particularly around flaring, global energy-produced GHGs would instantly fall by 25 per cent.
The risk of a green transition that’s too abrupt or glib is the massive impact on jobs (450,000, TD report), particularly given that emissions from the Canadian energy sector have been relatively flat since 2000.
Mason incorrectly states that 40 per cent of our electricity is produced using coal (it’s 33 per cent) and fails to acknowledge our key investments in diversification and our federally-approved methane reduction plan.
—Bronwyn Eyre, Saskatchewan Minister of Energy
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0040 Southeast College safety tickets0040 Southeast College safety tickets
- 0036 Prairie Lithium - Chad Glemser 30 Sec
- 0033 Buffalo Potash Jared Small Footprint
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02