Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
LLOYDMINSTER – After four years, its’ time to raise the curtain and light the lights one the Lloydminster Heavy Oil Show.
You see, there was supposed to be a show in 2020, but then a little thing called COVID-19 happened, and that put an end to that.
So it’s an opportunity for the industry in northwest Saskatchewan to get back together again, in person, break bread at some meals, talk shop in the trade show, and get back to finding the best way to produce heavy oil.
So get in your truck on Wednesday and head to the Lloydminster Exhibition Grounds. And if you’re really eager, you might want to consider coming to the opening night banquet Tuesday evening.
As of Monday night, the LHOS.ca website was still listing opening ceremonies banquet tickets as available, at this link.
Roger Deeks, president of the Lloydminster Oilfield Technical Society, said they have Rob Morgan, CEO of Strathcona Resources, as the keynote speaker.
David Yager, a columnist with Pipeline Online and the Canadian Energy Centre, will be doing a fireside chat with Morgan. There will be greetings from the Saskatchewan and Alberta governments as well.
Things kick off in a big way on Wednesday, Sept. 14, with the Oil Sands Pathways breakfast. Rhona Delfrari from Cenovus will be doing an. She will also be doing another presentation at industry update then lunch time with Saskatchewan Minister of Energy and Resources Jim Reiter and a representative of the Alberta government.
“The show opens at 9 a.m. on Wednesday,” Deeks said. The show closes at 5 p.m., followed by the ChampionX Shrimp Boil.
Doors reopen at 9 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 15 and close at 4 p.m.
There are not entrance fees for the public to attend the show. That’s in contrast to the Saskatchewan Oil and Gas Show held in Weyburn this past June, which, for the first time, charged a $10/day entrance fee.
- 0040 Southeast College safety tickets0040 Southeast College safety tickets
- 0036 Prairie Lithium - Chad Glemser 30 Sec
- 0033 Buffalo Potash Jared Small Footprint
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02