Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
ESTEVAN – The Estevan Oilfield Technical Society (OTS) had to put off its planned October 22-23 bonspiel on hold due to COVID-19 difficulties.
OTS president Tony Sernick said on Oct. 6 that the bonspiel will be moved to March 25 and 26, 2022.
Sernick said government public health regulations, and uncertainty about regulations, were a major reason. That was reflected in the number of teams signed up.
“We had one team entered, so far, so that kind of made the decision, as well as, obviously, everyone’s just kind of heading back and seeing where the world goes right now.
“It’s just lack of interest.”
That means next spring will be a busy one for the OTS. The bonspiel is planned for March. Then in either April or May, the organization will hold its second trap shoot – a new event first held last spring. Then, in June, is the annual golf tournament. Sernick said that the trap shoot and golf tournament, both being held outdoors, shouldn’t be an issue with COVID-19. As for the bonspiel, it will depend on how things go.
Regarding the trap shoot, he said, “It was awesome. We were all regulated. It was kind of like tee times, if you will, with people in and out. It all worked awesome, and there were like 100 people. It filled up in like 10 seconds.”
Next year he said it will be a two-day event.
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0031 Lloydminster_Heavy_Oil_Show_20220031 Lloydminster_Heavy_Oil_Show_2022
- 0027 TED_NA Helium 2021_30
- 0028 SIMSA_Energy_Forum_2022
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0015 Latus Viro PO Ad 01
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02