CALGARY — Ensign Energy Services Inc. reported a profit in its latest quarter compared with a loss a year ago as its revenue grew more than 50 per cent.
The Calgary-based company says it earned a profit attributable to common shareholders of $6.6 million or four cents per diluted share for the quarter ended March 31 compared with a loss of $43.6 million or 27 cents per diluted share a year earlier.
Revenue totalled $332.7 million, up from $218.5 million in the same quarter last year.
The company says its drilling business had 8,289 operating days in the quarter, up from 5,286 in the first three months of 2021.
Meanwhile, Ensign says its well servicing business reported 40,949 operating hours for the quarter, up from 39,055 in the same quarter last year.
Funds flow from operations totalled $76.7 million or 42 cents per diluted share for the quarter, up from $46.5 million or 29 cents per diluted share a year earlier.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published May 9, 2022.
Companies in this story: (TSX:ESI)
The Canadian Press
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0020 Sk Oil Show PO Ad 02 speakers with voiceover
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0017 eventworx
- 0016 Estevan Meter Services
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0015 Latus Viro PO Ad 01
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02