Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
Brad Wall, Myron Stadnyk to be inducted as Hall of Famers
Del Mondor of Weyburn is the 2024 Saskatchewan Oilman of the Year, while former premier Brad Wall and Myron M. Stadnyk will join him on stage as inductees to the Saskatchewan Oil and Gas Hall of Fame.
The announcement was made Jan. 10 by Dean Potter, chairman of the Saskatchewan Oil and Gas Hall of Fame committee.
The awards will be presented at the Saskatchewan Oil and Gas Show in Weyburn on June 5.
“The semi-annual Oil-Person of the Year award has been awarded for over 30 years now, recognizing many individuals who have contributed significantly to the Saskatchewan oil industry. The Committee also presents Hall of Fame awards semi-annually to individuals who were born and raised in Saskatchewan and have made significant contributions to the oil industry in Saskatchewan or elsewhere in the world,” Potter said in a release.
“Del is the owner of Aldon Oils based in Weyburn, Saskatchewan and is recognized for his many worthy contributions to the Saskatchewan oil industry, both as an active operator developing oil and gas in southeast Saskatchewan and as an active contributor to community in both southeast Saskatchewan and Calgary. Del was born in Saskatchewan and attended the University of Saskatchewan,” Potter said.
As for the Hall of Fame inductees, Potter said, “The committee is also pleased to announce the naming of Myron M. Stadnyk and Brad J. Wall to the Saskatchewan Oil and Gas Hall of Fame.
“Myron is a petroleum engineer based in Calgary and recognized for a successful career as an engineer with increasing roles of expertise and management leading to his role as former CEO of ARC Resources. His experience as an petroleum engineer began as a graduate of the University of Saskatchewan and spans across all aspects of the western Canadian oil industry. Upon retirement, Myron now serves as a director on corporate boards.
“Brad Wall served three terms as Premier of Saskatchewan and during his tenure as Premier, he supported the oil industry growth across the province by shaping industry policy and encouraging individuals and corporations to succeed. Contributions to the oil industry during his term as Premier remain a lasting legacy to the oil industry in Saskatchewan. Brad is a resident of Swift Current, Saskatchewan and was educated at the University of Saskatchewan. Following retirement as Premier, Brad now serves on corporate and advisory boards in Canada.”
Among his corporate board memberships, Wall is on the board of directors for Whitecap Resources Inc. In the early days of Pipeline Online, he also contributed several opinion columns to this publication.
The oil show is currently taking registrations for booths here.
Since 1989, the Saskatchewan Oil Industry Board of Governors has recognized individuals who have made significant contributions to the petroleum industry in Saskatchewan and beyond.
- 0062 TED_EPAC_Technology_300062 TED_EPAC_Technology_30
- 0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask
- 0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building
- 0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator
- 0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket
- 9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX
- 0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior