Crescent Point and Vermilion have shut in Alberta production due to wildfires.
Crescent Point Energy Corp said on May 8, “Crescent Point Energy Corp. advises that it has temporarily shut in its Kaybob Duvernay production in response to the recent Alberta wildfires. This precautionary measure is being taken by the company to protect the safety of its staff, the community, environment, and its assets. As a result, approximately 45,000 boepd of production in the Kaybob Duvernay has been temporarily shut-in with a plan to restart production once safe and permitted to do so. No damage has been reported to the company’s assets.”
“Crescent Point staff are currently working with local officials, regulators, and industry partners during their response to the wildfires. The company is continually monitoring the situation and will provide an update when appropriate.
“Crescent Point would like to commend its staff, industry partners, emergency responders and firefighters for protecting our communities.”
Vermilion Energy Inc, said on May 8, “With the protection and safety of our people and local residents as the utmost priority, Vermilion is closely monitoring the wildfires surrounding our operations in West Central Alberta. We have accounted for all of our employees and contractors in the affected areas to ensure their safety, and have also taken the safe measure to temporarily shut-in approximately 30,000 boepd of production while we assess the risk to our operations. Our assessment to date indicates minimal damage to our key infrastructure. Vermilion will continue to closely monitor the situation and work with the appropriate authorities, and we will provide an update in due course.
“We would like to thank our staff and emergency responders for their tireless work in response to the wildfires. Our thoughts are with our employees, their families, and our neighbors in the local communities during this difficult time.”
Whitecap Resources Inc. advised that the Alberta wildfires have impacted its operations in northern Alberta and in northeast British Columbia. “The safety and health of our employees and consultants is our top priority and all of our impacted personnel have been safely evacuated. There are no significant damages to Whitecap’s infrastructure at this time, however, production has been impacted by downstream third-party interruptions and proactive shut-in of production in close proximity to the wildfires.
“We are still assessing the impact to our second quarter production volumes and our team is working diligently to restart operations as soon as it is safe to do so and when downstream third-party infrastructure is back in operations. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and provide additional updates as more information becomes available.”
NuVista Energy Ltd. advised that “due to the ongoing wildfire situation in the Grande Prairie region, the corporation has temporarily shut in and depressured all operations proximal to the ongoing fires. This is a precautionary measure to ensure the protection of our people, the public, and our assets are foremost. The shut-ins began partially on May 5, and were then broadened by the shut-in of third party infrastructure which serves our production. Personnel are monitoring from safe locations. The temporary production impact is approximately 40,000 poepd, and NuVista stands ready to restart operations as soon as the risk is diminished. We are not aware of damage to any company or third party assets and infrastructure. We thank our field staff for their swift and professional response to this situation, and our thoughts are with any impacted community members.”
- 0062 TED_EPAC_Technology_300062 TED_EPAC_Technology_30
- 0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask
- 0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building
- 0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator
- 0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket
- 9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX
- 0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior