CALGARY — The Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers has named Lisa Baiton as its new president and CEO.
Baiton replaces outgoing president and CEO Tim McMillan, who has led the oil and gas lobby group for the last eight years.
Baiton was most recently a member of the global leadership team at the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, where she was in charge of public affairs.
She comes to CAPP at a time when Canada’s oil and gas sector is grappling with the implications of climate change and the need to reduce emissions.
Energy security has also been at the forefront in recent months due to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
Baiton will begin the role on May 2.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published April 27, 2022.
The Canadian Press
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0040 Southeast College safety tickets0040 Southeast College safety tickets
- 0036 Prairie Lithium - Chad Glemser 30 Sec
- 0033 Buffalo Potash Jared Small Footprint
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02