CALGARY — The Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers has named Lisa Baiton as its new president and CEO.
Baiton replaces outgoing president and CEO Tim McMillan, who has led the oil and gas lobby group for the last eight years.
Baiton was most recently a member of the global leadership team at the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, where she was in charge of public affairs.
She comes to CAPP at a time when Canada’s oil and gas sector is grappling with the implications of climate change and the need to reduce emissions.
Energy security has also been at the forefront in recent months due to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
Baiton will begin the role on May 2.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published April 27, 2022.
The Canadian Press
- 0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building
- 0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator
- 0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket
- 9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX
- 0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0043 ALX ten sizes0043 ALX ten sizes
- 0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior