Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
My legislation #C372 holding Big Oil accountable for misleading advertising is causing some panic.
Pierre Poilievre, Brian Lilley, Tamara Lich, the @nationalpost and troll bots are losing their minds.
The days when industry can lie about burning the planet are numbered pic.twitter.com/Lwu2GECDhq
— Charlie Angus (@CharlieAngusNDP) February 8, 2024
CALGARY – The CAOEC strongly opposes Bill C-372, Fossil Fuel Advertising Act, introduced by Mr. Charlie Angus, Member of Parliament from Timmins—James Bay (Ontario), the organization said in release on Feb. 7.
The Bill proposes to prohibit the advertisement of Canadian oil and gas.
“CAOEC is disappointed by the lack of knowledge surrounding the energy issues that Canadians and many countries face. This Bill would impede our country’s ability to foster a sustainable energy industry, strengthen decarbonization efforts, and advance Indigenous economic reconciliation. Our Association will always stand up for the hard-working women and men who produce the world’s cleanest oil and gas, and will continue to advocate that people have access to responsibly produced Canadian fossil fuels,” said CAOEC president & CEO Mark Scholz.
CAOEC represents energy service companies, with the inclusion of several Indigenous-owned and operated companies, that take pride in the fact that they can provide high-paying and high-skilled jobs in small and rural communities. These businesses are at the centre of Canada’s energy evolution efforts and understand the importance of protecting the environment while providing economic opportunities that strengthen the social constructs of their communities.
“Canada is the best in the world at producing responsible and environmentally sustainable oil and gas, and no legislation can muzzle the truth. The facts are clear – we need Canadian oil and gas, and our people will deliver,” said Scholz.
- 0062 TED_EPAC_Technology_300062 TED_EPAC_Technology_30
- 0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask
- 0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building
- 0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator
- 0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket
- 9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX
- 0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior