Associate Press copy is provided via The Canadian Press
NUNAVUT — Canadian North says fuel shortages at several airports in the High Arctic are affecting the amount of passengers and cargo it can carry on some flights.
The airline says there is no fuel available for air operators at airports in Pond Inlet, Arctic Bay, Resolute Bay and Grise Fiord in Nunavut.
As a result, it had to cancel a flight between Resolute Bay and Grise Fiord on Monday, but expects to operate that route as usual for the remainder of the week.
The airline says there are fewer seats available on flights to those communities and some cargo shipments may be delayed as it needs to carry more fuel.
Additional fuel stops have been added to some routes.
Canadian North says it is hopeful fuel will be available in affected communities in a few days following annual resupply.
A representative for Nunavut Air says fuel shortages are not unusual in northern communities and its flights are not affected.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Aug. 16, 2022.
The Canadian Press
News from © The Canadian Press, 2022. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 0045 WBPC 2023 Bright Colors P0045 WBPC 2023 Bright Colors P
- 0044 PTRC CCUS Aquistore0044 PTRC CCUS Aquistore
- 0043 ALX ten sizes0043 ALX ten sizes
- 0042 Sask Oilfield Services0042 Sask Oilfield Services
- 0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0040 Southeast College safety tickets0040 Southeast College safety tickets
- 0033 Buffalo Potash Jared Small Footprint
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02