The chairman of the company behind one of the biggest proposed green hydrogen projects in Atlantic Canada says a three-year time frame to start shipping the fuel to Germany is feasible if everyone moves quickly.
John Risley is the chair of World Energy G2, a consortium looking for provincial approval to build a wind-powered hydrogen production facility in a port town on the western shore of Newfoundland and Labrador.
It is one of more than a dozen projects put on the table in Atlantic Canada in recent months as demand for hydrogen soars amid Europe’s energy supply crunch and growing concerns about climate change.
Risley says the hydrogen pact signed Tuesday by Canada and Germany was a “huge sparkplug” for the industry, and brings a lot more visibility to the projects.
But he says Canada is in a race to get into the supply chain queues for the products needed to build wind farms and hydrogen plants.
He says Canada should be particularly concerned about the tax incentives just offered to Americans who get hydrogen projects going within the next year.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Aug. 24, 2022.
- 0062 TED_EPAC_Technology_300062 TED_EPAC_Technology_30
- 0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask
- 0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building
- 0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator
- 0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket
- 9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX
- 0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior