CALGARY — Baytex Energy Corp. has signed a deal to buy U.S. company Ranger Oil Corp. in a deal valued at C$3.4 billion, including assumed debt.
Ranger Oil operates in the Eagle Ford shale region in south Texas, an area where Baytex also has assets.
Under the terms of the agreement, Ranger shareholders will receive 7.49 Baytex shares plus US$13.31 in cash for each Ranger common share.
The companies valued the total consideration at about US$44.36 per Ranger share.
Baytex also says it plans to begin paying a dividend once it closes the Ranger Oil deal and increase share buybacks.
The company says management expects to recommend a quarterly dividend payment of 2.25 cents per share.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Feb. 28, 2023.
Companies in this story: (TSX:BTE)
The Canadian Press
- 0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building
- 0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator
- 0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket
- 9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX
- 0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0043 ALX ten sizes0043 ALX ten sizes
- 0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior