CALGARY — Baytex Energy Corp. says it has closed its $2.9-billion acquisition of U.S. oil company Ranger Oil Corp.
The deal, first announced in February, grows Calgary-based Baytex’s presence in the Eagle Ford shale region of south Texas.
The company says the deal will add 162,000 net acres in the oil-producing region to Baytex’s portfolio, including 741 net undrilled locations with an inventory life of 12 to 15 years.
It says the acquisition also increases its exposure to premium U.S. Gulf Coast pricing.
Baytex says it is targeting overall average production of 153,000 to 157,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day for the second half of 2023.
The company plans to bring onstream 34 net wells in the Eagle Ford and 90 net wells in Canada during the second half of this year.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published June 21, 2023.
Companies in this story: (TSX:BTE)
The Canadian Press
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0054 SIMSA Energy Forum0054 SIMSA Energy Forum
- 0053 Kingston Midstream Westspur Alameda0053 Kingston Midstream Westspur Alameda
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0043 ALX ten sizes0043 ALX ten sizes
- 0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02