EDMONTON — Alberta Premier Jason Kenney will head to Washington D.C. next week to speak to lawmakers about the importance of getting more oil from Canada.
Kenney will speak to the U.S. Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources about Alberta’s role in strengthening North American energy security.
Kenney has said Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has amplified global energy concerns and highlighted the need for a better-integrated North American energy network.
The appearance comes after committee chair Sen. Joe Manchin visited Alberta last month to meet with Kenney and learn more about Alberta’s energy sector.
Kenney leaves Sunday and will be joined on the trip by Energy Minister Sonya Savage and Environment Minister Jason Nixon.
He meets with the committee on Tuesday and returns Wednesday, the same day results will be announced from his party’s leadership vote on whether he should remain as party leader and premier.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published May 12, 2022.
The Canadian Press
- 0036 Prairie Lithium - Chad Glemser 30 Sec
- 0033 Buffalo Potash Jared Small Footprint
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02