Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
The next few weeks are usually the high point of drilling activity for the year. On Tuesday, Jan. 30, there were 36 drilling rigs working in Saskatchewan, according to RiggerTalk.com, which publishes data from the Canadian Association of Energy Contractors (CAOEC).
Starting in southeast Saskatchewan, there were 15 rigs working. Tundra Oil & Gas had one rig working at Roche Percee. Burgess Creek Exploration Inc. had a rig working north of Storthoaks. Just east of Arcola, Triland Energy had one rig working.
North of Kisbey, at Warmley, Crescent Point had one rig drilling, with a second north of Stoughton. About halfway between Weyburn and Radville, Harvard Resources Inc. had to rigs working side-by-side, at Shalm’s Lake. In the Weyburn Unit, Whitecap Resources had one rig drilling.
There was a notable concentration of seven rigs working in the Benson/Lampman/Browning area. From west to east, Crescent Point had a rig south of Benson. Moving east, Midale Petroleums, Aldon Oils and Whitecap each had a rig working in the Woodley area. Whitecap had another north of Lampman, while Surge Energy had a rig south of Lampman. In the Browning area, Saturn Oil & Gas had a rig making hole.
Moving over to the southwest, three rigs were working. Whitecap had one rig northwest of Gull Lake. Crescent Point had a rig northwest of Shaunavon. And North American Helium had one rig south of Shaunavon.
West central Saskatchewan was hopping with 14 rigs. Baytex Energy had one rig southeast of Elrose, a second north of Coleville, a third west of Coleville, and a fourth south of Superb.
Teine Energy had a rig northeast of Plato, a second south of Dodsland and a third north of Kindersley. Ish Energy had one near the Kindersley airport. Whitecap was drilling just outside of Plenty.
Strathcona Resources had a rig at Cactus Lake. Chronos Resources had one rig working west of Cut Knife.
Northwest Saskatchewan activity was notably lower than usual, with just four rigs. Rife Resources was drilling just south of Maidstone. Strathcona had a rig south of Meota. Cenovus had rigs at Rush Lake and Marie Hill.
- 0062 TED_EPAC_Technology_300062 TED_EPAC_Technology_30
- 0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask
- 0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building
- 0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator
- 0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket
- 9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX
- 0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior