Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
The next few weeks are usually the high point of drilling activity for the year. On Tuesday, Jan. 30, there were 36 drilling rigs working in Saskatchewan, according to RiggerTalk.com, which publishes data from the Canadian Association of Energy Contractors (CAOEC).
Starting in southeast Saskatchewan, there were 15 rigs working. Tundra Oil & Gas had one rig working at Roche Percee. Burgess Creek Exploration Inc. had a rig working north of Storthoaks. Just east of Arcola, Triland Energy had one rig working.
North of Kisbey, at Warmley, Crescent Point had one rig drilling, with a second north of Stoughton. About halfway between Weyburn and Radville, Harvard Resources Inc. had to rigs working side-by-side, at Shalm’s Lake. In the Weyburn Unit, Whitecap Resources had one rig drilling.
There was a notable concentration of seven rigs working in the Benson/Lampman/Browning area. From west to east, Crescent Point had a rig south of Benson. Moving east, Midale Petroleums, Aldon Oils and Whitecap each had a rig working in the Woodley area. Whitecap had another north of Lampman, while Surge Energy had a rig south of Lampman. In the Browning area, Saturn Oil & Gas had a rig making hole.
Moving over to the southwest, three rigs were working. Whitecap had one rig northwest of Gull Lake. Crescent Point had a rig northwest of Shaunavon. And North American Helium had one rig south of Shaunavon.
West central Saskatchewan was hopping with 14 rigs. Baytex Energy had one rig southeast of Elrose, a second north of Coleville, a third west of Coleville, and a fourth south of Superb.
Teine Energy had a rig northeast of Plato, a second south of Dodsland and a third north of Kindersley. Ish Energy had one near the Kindersley airport. Whitecap was drilling just outside of Plenty.
Strathcona Resources had a rig at Cactus Lake. Chronos Resources had one rig working west of Cut Knife.
Northwest Saskatchewan activity was notably lower than usual, with just four rigs. Rife Resources was drilling just south of Maidstone. Strathcona had a rig south of Meota. Cenovus had rigs at Rush Lake and Marie Hill.
- 0045 WBPC 2023 Bright Colors P0045 WBPC 2023 Bright Colors P
- 0044 PTRC CCUS Aquistore0044 PTRC CCUS Aquistore
- 0043 ALX ten sizes0043 ALX ten sizes
- 0042 Sask Oilfield Services0042 Sask Oilfield Services
- 0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0040 Southeast College safety tickets0040 Southeast College safety tickets
- 0033 Buffalo Potash Jared Small Footprint
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02